Alan Jones joins Lockyer Valley protest against CSG
CONTROVERSIAL Sydney shock jock Alan Jones will join the Lockyer Valley in its stand against coal seam gas development this weekend.
Lockyer Valley Regional Council is holding a community meeting on Sunday to say "no" to the "invasion of gasfields in the region".
Council expects food producers, graziers and environmentalists to join with the community at the protest.
Lock the Gate Alliance president Drew Hutton said the State Government had extinguished the rights of Queenslanders to object to mining.
He said community protests and property owners locking their gates were the only ways to stop the "invasion".
The meeting is being held at Grantham's estate [park from 11am - 1pm.
TOP STORIES ONLINE TODAY
- Business owners at a loss over lack of parking spaces
- Kiwi stops crazed passenger opening emergency door on flight
- Shots and death threats fired over lack of 'happy ending'
- Man lay dying as phone problems hamper family calling 000
- Player jailed after bashing coach with batteries
- Man killed after car veers into path of truck
- "Teen's $600 phone bill sparks assault, family split