UPDATE: Woman hospitalised after public pool ‘chemical spill’
UPDATE, Tuesday 3.30pm: A 23-year-old female was last night hospitalised after she inhaled fumes following a chemical spill at Rockhampton's South Side Pool.
It is understood the worker was undertaking maintenance procedures before mistakenly combining a form of bleach and acid.
Multiple emergency service units attended the scene around 6.30pm, including QFES and QAS.
The young woman was later taken to Rockhampton Base Hospital in a stable condition.
She has since been released.
INITIAL, Monday 6.30pm: Emergency services are this evening attending a minor chemical spill at Rockhampton's South Side Pool.
Early reports suggest a 23-year-old female worker suffered a reaction around 6.30pm following the incident.
It is understood she mistakenly mixed chemicals believed to be lemon bleach and acid.
The specific type of acid used is unclear at this time.
The young woman is reportedly complaining of breathlessness.
Both QAS and QFES are on scene.
More to come.