WALL OF SMOKE: Cody Abell took this incredible shot at a property on Old Byfield Rd.
WALL OF SMOKE: Cody Abell took this incredible shot at a property on Old Byfield Rd.

CAP COAST FIRES DAY SIX: All Cobrabal fires now contained

6.30PM: AS OF tonight, 100 per cent of fires have been contained within the Cobraball area.

Fire crews are continuing to monitor the fires burning at Cobraball but as of 6.20pm, all fires had been contained within containment lines.

Maryvale has also been removed from the fire warning for the Cobraball, Bungundarra and Lake Mary area.

The amount of homes that have been lost at Cobraball remains at 15 as of Thursday night.

4.40PM: Following QLD disaster committee management meeting in Yeppoon, Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk addressed the media at noon today.

She praised the shire’s new disaster coordination hub to which her government contributed over $1.5 million saying “it’s absolute money well spent”.

She congratulated the efforts of frontline staff to save 246 homes.

“An incredible effort all round,” Ms Palaszczuk said.

“We know families and many members of the public will be going through a tough time at the moment and there will be some emotional distress.

“We’re talking with the Australian Red Cross and making sure we’ve got more Red Cross councillors deployed to areas that have been impacted to get the care they need and we want to make sure they’re on the road to recovery.”

Speaking about providing financial assistance, she said they have had received 149 applications in the Livingstone Area for emergency hardship payments which had been paid out benefiting 350 people.

QFES Acting Commissioner Michael Wassing praised the efforts of fire fighters and expressed gratitude that there were minimal injuries and no lives lost fighting the fierce blaze.

He confirmed that 15 homes and 28 sheds were lost in the bushfire.

“The local fire is well contained and controlled and given the conditions, with the firefighters still out there and the aircraft resources, we’re very confident that fire’s not going anywhere,” Mr Wassing said.

The fire was expected to be fully contained in the next week as backburning activities continued.

He said the weather outlook was looking testing for CQ with a very high threat expected.

Keppel MP Brittany Lauga praised the efforts of emergency personnel including Ergon crews from around the state who have reestablished power to over 900 homes in five days.

“Now as we move into recovery, I want the community to know that we will stand shoulder to shoulder with you,” Ms Lauga said.

We will be there every step of the way getting you back into your home, helping you recover, getting that power back on and helping to deal with the shock and the trauma our community will experience now and in the next couple of months and rebuild your life, your business or farm.”

1.15pm: Police have released a statement in regards to the teenager charged with lighting the bushfires near Yeppoon which has so far claimed 15 homes.

A teenager will be dealt with under the provisions of the Youth Justice Act following the investigation of a fire near Yeppoon.

The fire started around 1.30pm Saturday, November 9, at Cobraball.

Police have spoken with the 16-year-old male and he will be dealt with under the provisions of the Youth Justice Act.

At this time of heightened danger and following the declaration of a State of Fire Emergency, the community is asked to work with authorities to prevent fires.

Parents and carers are urged to speak to their children about the consequences of lighting fires in this time of heightened danger

12:30am: Police have confirm an adolescent has been charged over the fire that destroyed 36 structures including 15 homes across the Capricorn Coast.

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk is currently in the area assessing the damage.

Fires are currently burning at 90 per cent containment.

11am: A message from Livingstone Shire:

Ergon has a planned outage today to replace a damaged power pole on Adelaide Park road.

This will impact residents in the Adelaide Park Road vicinity for up to four hours from approximately 10 o’clock onwards.

Ergon will have staff available over the coming weekend to respond to customer requested reconnections once electrical contractors have completed repair works.

This outage can be tracked on Ergon’s website (outage finder)

Ergon Energy is still working in bushfire affected areas to repair and replace damaged infrastructure.

We thank the public for their patience.

10am: Ergon Energy crews have worked hard to restore power to fire affected areas.

According to a statement; “All but 17 customers around Yeppoon now have power.”

Crews are out working to get the lights back on to everyone who can be safely restored.

Most of those properties still without network supply are in Adelaide Park, Bungundarra and Lake Mary.

“Please bear with us – we know it’s been a long, hard few days, and our teams are doing all they can under tough conditions,” Ergon’s statement read.

6am: Queensland Fire and Emergency services can confirm 15 homes have been lost in the Cap Coast fires, most of which fell in the Cobraball area.

That total could rise as damage assessments continue.

Fires burnt within containment lines last night as they did for much of the day yesterday.

Both fire fronts, Adelaide Park, and Cobraball/Bungundarra/Maryvale/Lake Mary, were downgraded from “Watch and Act” level to “Advice” around mid day yesterday and remained that way over night.

Queensland Rural Fire Services’ fire danger rating has also been downgraded from “very high” to “high”.

Some rain fell last night west of Rockhampton and some residents reported lightning strikes and thunder.