Man accused of armed robbery during drug deal - not guilty
WILLEM Anthony Hennessy has been found not guilty of armed robbery.
The verdict was handed down in the Rockhampton District Court on Wednesday after a two-day trial.
TOP STORIES ONLINE TODAY
- Rockhampton drivers are the ‘worst in Oz’ - WA grandfather
- Break out gumboots for rain with up to 90mls forecasted
- Armed robbery suspect dobbed in by mum, grandma
- Man killed in underground collapse at Grasstree coal mine
- VIDEO: Banksy and Todd join to help farmers way out west
- Pet of the week poll closes at noon today, Mouse in the lead
- VIDEO: Fisherman snares shark in Fitzroy River in kayak
The court had heard a female friend asked Hennessy to supply her with $780 worth of OxyContin tablets and an iPhone 5 last April. It heard he had asked another friend, Nathan Joseph McNaney, to arrange the deal, but Hennessy said McNaney threatened the woman with a sawn-off rifle to force her to hand over the money.