Petrol in pool harms teen girls
3.15pm: THREE teenage girls were taken to hospital this afternoon after petrol was poured into a makeshift swimming pool they were sitting in.
A spokesman for the Queensland Ambulance Service in Rockhampton said a crew answered an emergency call from a property at Pink Lily.
He said the girls complained on a burning sensation and skin irritation.
“They were sitting in a tarpaulin filled with water when someone added petrol,” he said.
“They were treated at the scene and taken to hospital in Rockhampton.”