Crews working to free a person from car crash near Mercure
UPDATE 4PM: A 26-year-old Yeppoon woman is in a serious but stable condition in Rockhampton Base Hospital with suspected fractures after her Holden Jackaroo rolled on the Mercure access road at about 12.30pm.
It is believed the woman failed to negotiate the turn from Hinz Avenue onto the Mercure access road and her car rolled several times.
The woman was trapped in the vehicle for some time and emergency services had to use hydraulic equipment to free her.
Police indicated alcohol may have been a contributing factor to the accident.
EMERGENCY services are responding to reports of a single vehicle rollover near the resort access road near Mercure Capricorn Resort.
Initial reports suggest someone may be trapped in the car. Crews are currently working to free a person from the vehicle.
More information to come.
TOP STORIES ONLINE TODAY
- Newman to call snap election 'to save economy'
- State candidate says region is worth fighting for
- Man's friends put him to bed night before found in marina
- VIDEO: Meet Rocky's dancing king 'muzzing' up social media
- POLL: Where would you like direct flights to from Rocky? 'New cycling laws could put our lives in danger'
- Rockhampton MP predicting polling date at end of February
- Could this be the first real weight loss pill?
- Visitors left hungry as shops shut for Christmas Day
- Archaeologists uncover site where Jesus was put on trial