Suburb evacuated over serious gas leak at resort
A NOOSA suburb has been evacuated this morning over a gas leak at The Palms resort.
A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said two crews were called to the resort on Noosa Springs Drive over a severed LPG gas line about 8.40am.
The gas had since been turned off and a gas examiner had been notified.
Firefighers were able to use a water cloud to help disperse the gas and were continuing to monitor the surrounding area, the spokeswoman said.
More to come.