What Toowoomba Regional Council will vote on this week
THE Toowoomba Regional Council has a jam-packed agenda for the next two days of committee meetings, to be held at the Annex behind City Hall.
The meetings are split into six portfolios, with three of them organised for each day.
All decisions at committee sessions must be ratified at the council's ordinary meeting next week before they officially come into effect.
Any items labelled "confidential" are closed to the public, with details also rarely available until after the ordinary session.
Here's what is on the agenda for the August committee meetings, with details provided where available.
1. PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Charges resolution No. 4
- Regional development statistics report for June 2020: A summary of statistics from the department about planning and development, including building approvals, lots sealed and inspections.
- CONFIDENTIAL - Planning and environment court appeals and compensation claims for July 2020: A regular report about current cases in the planning and environment court involving the council. Never publicly released.
- CONFIDENTIAL - Regional enforcement actions for July 2020
2. WATER AND WASTE
- Crows Nest and Hampton Water Supply Study
- East Creek Sewerage Catchment Study
- Horners Pressure Zone Water Supply Study
- CONFIDENTIAL - New energy generation, tender Stage one assessment report: An update on the tender process for the council's highly-touted new energy generation project, which has been in the works for several months.
3. INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES
- Review of policy 2.47, memorials and plaques
- Request to rename Ramsay School Rd, Ramsay
- CONFIDENTIAL - Request to extend Robert Rd, Linthorpe
4. ENVIRONMENT AND COMMUNITY
- Adoption of the Toowoomba Region Biosecurity Plan for Invasive Plants and
- Thiess Park Linear Corridor Parkland master plan
- East Creek Linear Corridor District Park master plans including Lake
Annand Park, Emmerson Park and the Toowoomba Waterbird Habitat
- Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers strategic plan 2020-2024
- Veterans First Military Museum project
- Public art reference group, Highfields Library project
- CONFIDENTIAL - Clifton refuse site
5. FINANCE AND BUSINESS STRATEGY
- 2019/20 Operational Plan quarter four progress report for June to July: Every quarter, the department updates the council on the progress of its operational plan, which looks at the TRC's actions and KPIs for the financial year.
- Quote or tender consideration plan for the stakeholder engagement and
communications branch advertising
- Consideration of applications for rate exemption for community
organisations, Darling Downs Soaring Club and St Vincent de Paul
Society Queensland: Community groups will often apply to the council to get reductions or waivers of their general rates.
- Proposed amendment to 2.63, Related Party Disclosures Policy: The policy relates to the
disclosure of "related party relationships, transactions and outstanding balances,
including commitments, in the annual financial statements, where material".